Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My New Year's Resolution/ Child Labor


 There was absolutely no way I was going to go outside in 15 degree weather just to take pictures of my outfit. I would die.

So as of late I've been feeling sort of convicted about a certain topic that Americans don't think about enough. Child labor in places like China, making clothes for people in America for so cheap, it almost feels like stealing. I guess I've just been thinking about someone else's pain and labor (let alone a child in some factory) making me cost beneficial clothes just so that I can feel and look good. 


It's not right in my mind that a child is forced to work in a factory for America's benefit. 

That's why, this year, I will be trying my hardest to do my small part. 

This year, I will buy things either locally, made in America, or at thrift stores and consignment shops.


 I don't mind buying my clothes at thrift stores though. In fact I think the clothes have so much more character, and it's fun to be able to try and hunt down just the right thing, without it being right at your fingertips. I will also be trying to maximize what I already do have, making new outfits with what's in my closet.
 


Dress/Thrifted. Tights/JCPenny. Shirt/Thrifted. Shoes/Payless. Necklace/Etsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment